In November 2022, Lloyd’s Register Foundation had the fantastic opportunity to host the London Satellite Hub of the Understanding Risk Global Forum, in partnership with the Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre and Anticipation Hub and in association with The World Bank. This was a satellite event of the Understanding Risk Global Forum taking place in Florianopolis, Brazil, and provided an important opportunity for risk practitioners from across the UK, Europe and beyond to come together, in person and online.
Hosted at the Design Museum, the day consisted of four key sessions, where leading experts spoke on themes including understanding and managing compound risks and best practice in risk communication. The event also shared valuable insights from the Lloyd’s Register Foundation World Risk Poll, highlighting issues from disaster resilience to risks associated with the use of personal data and AI.
The recordings of each session are now available for anyone who was unable to attend on the day. Listen to insights from Richard Blewitt from British Red Cross, Tracey Brown from Sense about Science, our Director of Evidence and Insight, Dr Sarah Cumbers, and many more fantastic speakers.
Catch-up on the recordings below:
- Richard Blewitt, Keynote Speech
- Session 1: Risk know-how in communities around the world
- Session 2: Perceptions of risk and harm from AI and personal data use: insights from the World Risk Poll
- Session 3: Do look up: What can circus artists teach us about risk?
- Session 4: From a ripple to a surge: understanding and responding to compound risk